Millennial Parents General Audience Overview
- There are roughly 72.1 million Millennials in the US and 80% of them will be parents in the next 10 to 15 years (Pew Research)
- They boasted an estimated $1.4 trillion in disposable income in 2020.
- The Millennial generation is one of the most diverse cohorts in history. (Pew Research)
- 46% of Millennial moms trust the recommendations of other parents, compared to 39% of Gen X moms. (Forbes)
- Millennials choose to take a responsive and collaborative approach to parenting, giving their kids more input than past generations. (Time)
- 3 in 4 Millennial parents are open to getting parenting tips from brands on YouTube. (Google)
- 60% of respondents chose companies based on transparency, treatment of employees, ethical values, or perceived authenticity. (Ford)
- More than any other generation, even Gen Z, Millennials believe climate action should be top priority to ensure a sustainable planet for future generations. (Pew Research)
- Often in a hurry, 86% have used same-day shipping compared with just 67% of parents from other generations. (National Retail Federation)
- A survey found 49% remain loyal to a brand despite cheaper options, compared with 30% of other parents. (National Retail Federation)
- 50% of Millennial parents always research a brand or retailer's views on topics that matter to them. (National Retail Federation)
- 45% say they will only shop brands or retailers that reflect their social or political views. (National Retail Federation)
- Millennial moms make 85% of purchasing decisions for their families. (Motherly Survey)
Food and Beverage Trends
- In the Nielsen Global Health & Wellness Survey nearly 40% of Millennials and Gen Z say ingredients sourced sustainably are very important in their purchase decisions, more so than other generations. (Forbes)
- They are willing to pay a premium for healthy products. (Forbes)
- The priority of purchase drivers: taste is #1 (82%), followed by price (66%), healthfulness (58%), convenience (52%) and environmental sustainability (31%). (International Food Information Council)
- 21% of parents with children under the age of 18 believe calories from fats are most likely to cause weight gain (vs. 12% of Millennials without children under the age of 18). (International Food Information Council)
Toys, Games, and Entertainment Trends
- The toy industry is becoming more popular with older Millennials as the industry has discovered how to connect with their sense of nostalgia through products like board games, superhero collectibles, comic books, and others. (Ad Age)
- 67% of Millennial gamers play games & watch video game content. (Newzoo)
- There is lots of churn for paid streaming video services among Millennials. 28% added a new video streaming subscription in the last six months, while nearly twice that (49%) added and cancelled various subscriptions during the same time. (Deloitte)
- Among all generations, Millennials are most likely to cancel and resubscribed to streaming services. 38% for Millennials vs. 35% for Gen Z, 28% for Gen X, and 7% for Boomers.
- More than Gen Z (57%) and Gen X (45%), Millennials (60%) spend more time watching user-generated video content online than TV shows and movies on streaming platforms. (Deloitte)
Looking for more? Check out our marketing cheat sheets for Gen Z and Gen Alpha, as well as our blog for more insights and data.
Connect with parents today.
From sampling to education and cause marketing, ITK Collective can connect your brand with parents through grassroots influencers and education professionals. Contact us today to see how we can help.